Monday, December 26, 2022

67 and counting - Thanks, Mom, for my Life

 Today I celebrate my 67th birthday.


I want to thank one person - my late mother - for giving me life.  I also want to acknowledge how very blessed I am to have had a mother who embraced her vocation without demeaning it.  She saw herself as essential to the proper development of her children and did her utmost to assure their survival.  She also felt it was necessary to put herself second in order that we might thrive.

Her unselfishness and devotion to her children was taken for granted.  I honestly thought all women who gave birth acted like my mom and have been saddened to learn, from listening to others my age, how many of you were deprived of my experience.  

I had a great mom.  I know that and I shout it from the rooftops.


So, happy birthday to me and my brother - and a huge thank you to Mom.  She made us possible.

No comments: