Friday, December 30, 2022

2022 In Review

 What a year.  This 2022 year was really...uh...something.

I retired - twice.  The second time was not too wonderful but that was my fault as I reacted poorly to someone else's questionable behavior.  I have an unsettled feeling about that whole thing but am still fearful of the person and their reactions.  Someone has offered a means to clean that up.  I am willing but not hopeful.

Someone I love more than my own life had a spectacular meltdown.  It ended up being the catalyst for a total life turn about and today they are doing better than anyone could hope.  I am so grateful I got to be a small part of that healing.  Now I have to work on shutting up and letting them go forward.

I am dealing with body image issues and doing better than I expected.  It's a tough issue but I am doing it.

Several members of my family have made some awful choices (in my opinion) and they are fine with them. The fact that these choices make my teeth grind is my problem, not their problem, and I am grateful I know this today.  I wish them well.  I love them with my whole heart and soul.

We lost people this year that meant a great deal to me - people like Bud and David - but I know they are just fine now.  I am grateful to have known them and I acknowledge how much they gave me one day at a time.

I got to go to Maryland and meet my new mentor and learn more about Scottish Terriers. 

I met some new people in my 12 step program that today I get to call 'friend'.  How amazingly wonderful is that?  I got to attend Stateline in Las Vegas.  My Niners are on their way to the playoffs.  My dog is fine.  

Today, in all honesty, I have a joyful life.

How blessed am I?


Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: