Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving and Love

I am grateful today.

I am grateful for my family, my friends, my job and my life.

I am grateful for Holy Mother Church, who loves and guides me and allows for me to participate in the Life of Jesus Christ through the Liturgy. I am grateful for the Sacramental life I have today and the abundance of grace I receive.

I wish a lot of things were different - the most important being, of course, that Ryan and the other soldiers were no longer having to fight...that the war was over and people would stop trying to kill us in the name of their stunted, ugly version of God the Father.

I wish people knew how to think, how to reason and how to ask questions without trying to make the other person listening feel like they are stupid.

I wish there were no starving, abused and neglected children.

I wish every puppy and kitty had someone to love it and care for it.

BUT

I am so grateful that today I am loved and can love and that right now I understand the importance of putting myself third or fourth on the list of what is important because God has my back.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: