Friday, July 10, 2009

Voluntary Ban and Judge Ginsberg's Final Solution

I am going to ban myself from The Hive for five days.

I posted information about the two most famous civil rights murders committed in this country - committed by men who were (or are) deacons and preachers in the Baptist Church - and I am done with this argument.

I know I was channeling St Jerome - I just know it. He didn't suffer fools lightly either when it came to sloppy thinking and attacks on Holy Mother Church.

However, I have to say without any sense of bragging that when I am engaged in a battle of wits with LOM I always have the feeling that I am up against someone who is only half-armed.

So, no more posting for awhile. Maybe longer, because if I go on vacation 7-17 then I usually have a difficult time carving out time to blog.

YAY

'Hate' is too strong a word to use when describing my feelings towards LOM. I don't hate him. Hell, I really don't hate anyone - ok, I do hate the Dallas Cowboys but as a Football team, not as individual people. I am sure most of them are really very nice people. The point is this: I really do not hate him. He just annoys the heck out of me because he is so stubbornly obtuse, so determined to be either a whiny victim or a champion for causes he doesn't even understand - there is no humility about the guy, just demands for respect. He lies about being a veteran and then attacks a fellow blogger for selling cell phones in a way he doesn't like. What is wrong with these people?

So...enough...Holy Scripture talks to 'shaking the dust from (our) feet' and I am going to really try to do that - because, the other side of the coin is my stubborn attempts to get him to use his head for something other than holding his ears apart, so what does that say about ME?

Some say I am an hopeless optimist.

I don't think that's it - I think I am a stubborn and conceited Irish Italian chick who can't stand stupid people thinking they won an argument.

But, in the words of Ron White - you can't fix stupid, so stop trying.

Please keep my friend Susan in prayer. She is going through tough times still and needs lots of grace. Thank you.

Did anyone else SEE THIS??????

Judge Ginsberg said to a journalist:

Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn't really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.

2 comments:

ROBERT STANFORD said...

I have been having to be quiet - but I just wanted to say - that I appreciated your post - I often relate to that story since the activists were white.

Robert Stanford
http://www.kcnwebdesign.com/articles.html

Leslie K. said...

Absolutely - remember, evil often begins with the phrase "for the good of the whole"....