Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lent and Love

NEW YORK (Feb. 6) - Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.************************************
The sadness around the death of this troubled yet brilliant actor is deeply felt. While I may never agree with all his choices in material, his talent was unmistakable. His willingness to try and push the envelope in the name of his art underscored a personal bravery that, if fully formed and developed, would have lead, I'm sure, to some incredible performances.
*************************************
I am up long enough to eat some breakfast so I can be properly disposed to receive the Eucharist at 12:15 Mass today.
Yesterday I was the only 'management' person in the office. I have no doubt E will pounce on many of the things I did and let me have it this afternoon. It is one of the reasons I did not take today off. I want to walk into that office of nominal Catholics and barely practicing Protestants and witness. That's what my ashes will do - witness. It may seem like big-shotism but it is not. The reason we have an outward sign of our aknowledgement of our eventual return to ashes and dust is because we WANT people to know what we believe. We are not ashamed of being members of His Body.
If I am pounced upon she will have to spit her nastiness into my face while she looks at the sign of the cross on my forehead.
I am going to go back to bed for a little while. I could not sleep well last night because we are behind in Restraining Orders and the system is not working properly and one of my clerks who does RO(s) was sick and and and......

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to be your child, out loud.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Amen Sissy. Your witness is important and God will Lead you on.

HUGS!