Monday, September 16, 2024

Reflections as We Head to Fall

 Already the air is different, crisper and with a slight chill.  We probably have some more hot days lurking around the corner but it is definitely time for the season to change. I welcome the cooler days.  I may be a California Girl but 115 degrees in the shade is not fun for this Irish/Italian kid.  I am surprised I do not burst into flame.

There are other changes on the horizon - Lola has her first foray into the big show arena in Montgomery.  I don't think she will take the Scottie world by storm but I am hoping her potential mate, Drogon, will be there so we can seal the deal.  After talking with Joanne, I am going to aim for a breeding in January.  That would mean puppies in March or April.  She feels it would maybe add to Lola's frame so even if she is not finished yet she would be a little more mature looking and we could get her finished after that - she is so pretty, that I cannot imagine her not getting her championship.

So I have to get her all tested and registered with the OFA.  Do I sound like I know what I am doing?  I am going to assure you - I do not.  I am following in the footsteps of those wiser than I and hoping for the best.  Thank heavens for the generous people in my life who share their opinions and knowledge.  

I will be entering this winter season in a different mind frame.  Letting go of those who have let go of me is harder than I thought it would be because of my own character defects.  I want to be loved - everyone does - but learning to respect the boundaries of those who have decided I should not be in their lives is important.  They are human beings with inherent dignity and I need to honor that so, even though it will be difficult, I am going to focus on the silly parts.  It will save me a lot of money and time. 

Football season helps.  Go NINERS!

All in all, I cannot complain one iota about my life.  I have such a rich and full one, a life of such color and promise.  I get to laugh and hear the music of the spheres, walk around free and feeling that sunlight that comes from the Grace of God.  Now I just need to be worthy of that Grace - impossible, of course, but it is important that I try.  God wants me to partake in His Glory - who am I to turn Him down?

No comments: