Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Morning Offering

My whiny self can be such a bore.

I don't want to be the person always looking to be comforted.  Like the prayer advices, I wish to seek to comfort rather than be the one that needs to have someone say they understand and they are sending me hugs or whatever.

Being in that emotional space where one is on the edge of tears every minute is so damn uncomfortable. It causes one to stop, to withdraw, to look for a hole to hide in rather than look outward for a solution. 

The solution, of course, is simple - offer all to God in a sacrifice of love.  Be willing to acknowledge our sins and embrace our failings and admit when we are wrong.  Be willing to abandon myself to the Will of God and just trust.  Trust that what is happening right this second is exactly what is supposed to be happening and just look around - who can I help? What can I say to lift someone up?

When I am in search of comfort be willing to be okay with that as well - but lower the expectations.  Don't expect anyone other than the Triune God to be the refuge I seek.  

So simple.  So difficult to do.  What keeps me from doing this?  EGO - me me me.  PLEASE someone tell me I am enough, that I matter, that what I am doing is worthwhile and okay.....in other words, the need to turn to that which is not designed to give the totality of comfort and forsaking God. 

My prayer should be: 

"I need You.  Help me accept the Grace I need to walk this path with grace and dignity".

If I see others struggle, tell them they matter.  Comfort, rather than be comforted.

 I am okay.  I have exactly what I need. God has been more than generous with me.

Let me offer myself to this generous God with complete abandon.  Let me be grateful for all I have today. Let me be happy for all that others receive. 

May today be the best day ever.

Amen

No comments: