Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Oh My GOSH I am a GRUMPY OLD LADY!

 I have this overwhelming desire to just open the front door and yell, "Get off my lawn!".

The problem?

1) I live in a gated community where the average age is probably 70.

2) No one is on my lawn.


The first one should probably be second but that isn't the point. The point is I have grown horribly intolerant of the posts on social media that begin "You All" and then go on to describe something horrific at worst, stupid at best.

My pride is hurt.  I am lumped into You All and find a need to defend those of us who are not what they are describing.

I am also very tired of so-called 'Liberal' Catholics taking swipes at beautiful, orthodox customs of The Church. They find the title 'consecrated virgin' denigrating - and cannot express why, other than to tell the rest of us that we are not sophisticated enough to understand their reasoning.  This leads me to believe that they thought everyone would agree with them, are shocked that many of us see it as a beautiful gift to God and so they retreat behind smugness and attempted superiority.

My pride is hurt and I must correct them.

Oh, did I mention that I am tired of the ultra Right Wing Catholics who still demand that I vote GOP or I am not a good Catholic?  They use secular, worldly arguments to try and dissuade me from voting American Solidarity party, finally ending their pleas with an appeal to my relationship with God.  When I tell them WHY I do not vote for their party and WHY I chose one that is founded on solid, Catholic, Social Teachings, their only reply is that I am lost.  

My pride is hurt and I must convince them.

Did I mention I am tired of people using the term MARSHALL Law when they mean martial? Tired of people who think being overweight should be dealt with in a meeting of a twelve step program that is dedicated to alcoholics? Tired of people who don't understand that driving the speed limit should not be cause for road rage and attempted murder?

I guess, maybe, I am just tired.

Being someone who tries every day to not give in to the darker side of her nature does not make me a saint; rather, it makes me someone who tires quickly when the world doesn't behave in accordance with my wishes.

I guess that means I better welcome more people onto my lawn and ask God to give me the grace to love rather than correct or teach or ... or.....


Thank God He doesn't throw away people like me - even though, we may make Him very, very tired.


No comments: