Friday, May 5, 2023

What a Life I live Today

 It was still difficult to celebrate my sobriety yesterday without my Mom; however, I received what I believe was a direct gift from her.  

While I was out there drinking and drugging, my mother prayed a Rosary every day for me.  I firmly believe her prayers helped guide me to where I needed to be in order to find the life I get to live today.

Yesterday morning, around 0430, I started to wake up because in my head I heard her voice, over and over again.  What was she saying?


"Hail Mary, Full of Grace! The Lord is with thee.  Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, JESUS. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.  Amen".

Over and over again until I woke up and began to pray with her.  

I know that was a gift from my mother.  I am so grateful for it.  I am as grateful for that gift as I am for all the text message, the phone calls, the cards, everything I received from people who have walked this journey with me for the past 31 years.

I feel so sorry for those who have no faith in anything.  I feel sad for those who have faith in governments or people or money or power or prestige.  I understand how hard it can be to walk through the world as I do but the rewards are amazing.

So for all those who suffered as I once did, I pray my Rosary every day.  I lift them up and put them into the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  I know what MY will is for them but I give them to Him and say, "Thy Will, not MINE, be done".

It can't hurt!

No comments: