Monday, April 3, 2023

Holy Week Begins

 Yesterday was Palm Sunday.  This Holy Week is very strange. No family. No involvement with RCIA stuff.  I am going to be speaking up in Sacramento for people like me but other than that?  Mass on Sunday and nothing.  Me and my dogs.

I miss Mom and my family but I do not miss the drama.  The constant fear and tension - will Dad be okay this time or will there be another explosion over someone who has a different opinion on whatEVER.

The last few years we would go to our cousins because they had kids but now those people aren't speaking to each other so those days are over.

Being the Last  Catholic Standing can be a lonely business around the holidays. However, I have come to the conclusion that I would rather be in His Church than at a barbecue with people who doubt His existence.

This is Holy Week.  It is a time of prayer and introspection.  I am glad I am Catholic.  I am grateful for His Sacrifice. 

No comments: