Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The American Solidarity Party and the Whole Life Movement

In 2016 I was in a pickle as a voter.

I could not support the platform put forth by the Democrats.  Their blatant lies about supporting women by pushing for no restrictions on legal abortions in this country had really gotten to me.  It was obvious that the far left had a stranglehold on that party and that people like me - pro life and willing to support restricted access to abortion (IF a huge push is made to make that the last possible choice a woman would ever feel the need to make when faced with an unexpected or difficult pregnancy) were no longer wanted.  I had been erased from their base.  In fact, they think I am stupid.

The GOP on the other hand has a candidate that I did not like, did not support and could not even fathom being the President of the United States.  I could understand the argument that he would support pro life judge appointments but I am a student of history and having a 'conservative' court judge is not a guarantee that one's political agenda will be advanced.

The candidate bragged about sexual assault.  I know, I know...EVERYONE in Hollywood 'does it' but I am a survivor of that environment and I know what it does to a person's soul.  Whether you are a man being advanced upon by a homosexual predator with power or a woman being advanced upon by a heterosexual predator with power, the results are the same: the victim feels less than human no matter what choice they make when faced with the situation.  I am hardly a snowflake and I have taken full responsibility for the lifestyle I lead while an actress but being the perpetrator of an assault is not something one should brag about, whether on the set in a dressing room trailer or in a locker room.  Anyone who does that kind of bragging should be spurned and cast into the outer darkness until they properly repent.

So there I was; between a rock and a hard place.  I could not believe him when he spoke any more than I could believe her when she spoke and, as a result, I was really in a pickle.

I found the American Solidarity Party and joined.  I joined, really, for two reasons:  I am still a rebel when it comes to politics and I am a Faithful Catholic.  I wanted to be able to vote without holding my nose AND I wanted to thumb that same nose at all the Kool-Aid drinkers and status quo holders.  Don't expect ME to okay your choosing the lessor of two evils - you are still supporting evil, Buster Brown.

The American Solidarity Party (https://solidarity-party.org/) is not a 'Catholic Party'; rather, it is a political party closely modeling the Christian Democratic Movements found all over the world.  The Party welcomes anyone who believes it is possible to shape policy in such a way that one's individual rights and freedoms are maintained while the common good is supported.

The members do not agree on everything.  Most of our members would like to see Abortion completely outlawed while some, like me, think that horse has left the barn and want to approach the question in a different way:  why do women choose to end an pregnancy when they know perfectly well they are ending the life of a child?  LISTEN to their answers - fear, economic and educational problems, housing issues, domestic violence, sex trafficking, drug and alcohol issues - and address THOSE problems.

The Party is against the Death Penalty - which mirrors the majority of Americans today because of the problems we are seeing exposed in the Criminal Justice System - but again there is room for discussion.  What is in place to insure that this is the penalty imposed only when it is completely certain it is a penalty that fits the crime and that the RIGHT criminal is receiving it?

The Party supports a strong military - but suggests that the Just War Doctrine be used to determine our Nation's entry into a conflict.

Immigration is a huge issue today - okay, let's look at the system we have in place.  Are we taking into account the refugee as opposed to the immigrant?  How are we helping people by supporting a global economy that allows them to stay in their own country and live a good life?

The American Solidarity Party believes that being pro life is more than being anti abortion; rather, it is approaching problems in the modern world with an eye to allowing the individual and the family to flourish.  It is a Whole Life approach.

I am often told I will be siphoning votes from the conservatives and so will be helping the liberals take control of this country.  I disagree. First of all, the largest group of people in this country right now are people who are disgusted with both political parties.  You don't like us?  You might consider LISTENING to us.  Because you won't, we have decided to let you know what we think by turning our backs on the lot of you.

Don't think that matters?

Ted Cruze was elected over Beto O'Rourke.  There was a 1percent margin between them and that 1percent?

The Libertarian candidate got their vote.

If you think people like Cruze and O'Rourke are unaware of that you are mistaken.

Just as the Democrats are mistaken when they think EVERY women in America wants to wear vulgar pink knitted caps and march up and down the street and just at the Republicans are mistaken to think EVERY woman in America thinks their candidate is God's Gift to the United States, the pundits are starting to become aware of people like me.

We do not want to vote holding our nose.  We want to vote with dignity.

If you want to do the same, check us out.

https://solidarity-party.org/about-us/platform/



No comments: