Monday, December 23, 2019

Away in a Manger

Amazing.

Another Christmas as come upon me and I am more than just okay.

I am sober.  I am solvent.  I am rooting for a football team that is exciting and fun to watch.  I am ready to see the new Star Wars movie.

Yes, we have had some bumps in the road.  Friends have died.  Friends have drank again.  Family have had accidents that put them in the hospital. I have bronchitis. We lost to the Atlanta Falcons.

Yet all in all, I look at today and see a Christmas of good tidings.  I see a chance to be of service and to have fun, to forgive and be forgiven.  I see a time in which the miracle of our Salvation begins its Liturgical march towards the Gates of Heaven swinging wide and the extraordinary gift  of The Eucharist being handed to me through the Church He founded.

I have a chance to pray for others, to be a part of the world in a way that is vital and I get to influence children in a solid fashion, handing onto them The Truth so that they can go out into the world and be that light Jesus has asked us to be - a Light unto the World.

Fabulous.

Have a Merry and Holy Christmas, everyone.  May God bless you with exactly what you need.

No comments: