Monday, December 30, 2013

Ack! What a Time!

Oh I tell you, it has been a long time since I have had to really fight off a bad cold so I am not used to it.  I had wanted to be at the gym every day and I have been away from it for four days due to this weird virus that Mom and I caught.  It is going around like crazy and I keep thinking, "Tomorrow.  Tomorrow I am back on the stick".  Instead, every morning I wake up and spend the first hour hacking and coughing and blowing my nose and trying to get my ears to unplug.

Yuck.

I have been invited to three different events for NYE - and I was looking forward to getting all dressed up and going to each of them for a short time.  There is a good chance I will be home, watching the Walking Dead Marathon.

I wanted to lose twelve pounds.  I lost three.  No exercising for four days.  Guess what - I bet I now have to lose fifteen pounds.

However….all in all, I have had a good time away from work.  I do not look forward to going back.  I sure wish I had won the lotto or the Mega Millions so I could call the county and say, "I am calling in - rich".

I wish I could wave a wand and make everyone's life perfect - especially the lives of the people I love.  I know that our experiences make us the people we are and I know that a lot of people grow up into monsters because of their childhoods.  I also know, though, that many people grow up into saints because of the hardships they had to endure and their willingness to turn to God for help.  I can only pray that those I love become saints and not monsters.  I see nothing in them to indicate they will be anything other than fabulous people - some day.  Still I pray and pray and pray some more because that is what Aunties and Sisters and Cousins do - it is all we can do.

I wish I was taller.

I wish I could speak fluent Italian.  I know just enough to get me in trouble and I have a year to learn so I can go to the celebration for the boys next year in Ravarano and Castelano and hold my own.

Most of all, more than anything, I wish people would truly practice a real love for each other - not the Hallmark Channel love or the "you can do what ever you want to do" kind of love - I wish we could all  see beyond our own wants and needs.  I wish we could make our own little section of the world full of Light and Truth.

And with that, I will end my ramblings tonight with my wish that your coming year be full of that which makes you holy and healthy and that you find God….

Because I can guarantee He is looking for you.

No comments: