Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Last night, after a wonderfully full day, I was walking outside to try and video Duffy learning to retrieve the dumbbell and I tripped over my own feet.  SPLAT.  I went DOWN.  I hit my hardwood floor (which is over a concrete slab so there is no give when something drops.) and my head bounced off the floor.  The really bad knee hit first (the one damaged in the car accident), both wrists slammed into the floor - let me tell you, I am a mess today.

I am sprung and purple and swollen.

OW.

Twenty minute later I was at the Birthday Night for my 12 Step group.  I was there because one of my sponsees was getting her 6 year chip.  I am so proud of her.  She did not get it in July because her birthday was the day after birthday night.  We do this deal one day at a time and she waited...and then went on a couple of trips so she finally got to pick it up last night.

Many people disagree with us on this point.  We believe it is a matter of integrity - one day at a time means one day at a time.  Don't fudge on that - because if you want people to believe you, to take your word as being gold?  Then do what you say you are going to do when you say you are going to do it and don't kind of sorta do the deal.

Anyway, pray for me will you?  I have been fighting depression and anxiety with the help of good diet, exercise, 12 steps and 12 traditions, prayer, and (most of all) a Sacramental Life that gives me the grace I need to get out there and fight the good fight.  I need your prayers.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Sorry to hear about your spill! Head, knees, wrist; you hit all the good pressure points. It was good to hear about your girl getting her chip. I never understood getting it early. There is a theory that accumulating time is like an insurance policy, or maybe like squirrels saving nuts for the winter. I have seen things go sideways so fast that all I trust is day-at-a-time.


Your title reminded me of the re-make of that Robert Wise movie a few years back. I lasted only to the point where Keanu Reeves said “tipping point.” I then stood up and blurted out “no!” and walked out. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly…

Bonster said...

Double Prayers for a very special lady ♥