Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rick Santorum, a Hero for Today

Learn about Rick Santorum.  Learn as much as you can right now.  This man, a man of modest means who is running a Presidential Campaign that is (so far) devoid of hatred, attacks or slander against his opponents is someone to watch.

He is 53 years old, the father of seven and a devout Catholic.  He is one of those rare individuals who would rather lose a contest than compromise his beliefs in order to win.  In other words, the Catholic concept of never allowing the ends to justify the means is very much alive in his daily life.

Rick is a champion of the unborn, a believer in traditional marriage and one who recognizes that radical Islamic values have NO PLACE in the American landscape any more than the idiotic beliefs of the FLDS.

Last night, in Iowa, the man Bill "I Know Everything" O'Reilly would not interview because he does not think he is very important, kicked Mitt Romney's butt all over the place.  Mitt 'won'  the Iowa Caucus by 7 votes.  Today John McCain came out and endorsed Romney - which should give you an idea of how well respected Romney is as John McCain is the same idiot that tanked his campaign by bringing Sarah Palin on board.

I have supported him from the beginning but used to temper my enthusiasm with the caveat of "I don't care that he won't win. Rick Santorum represents MY values in America and I am supporting the guy".  I am not a very big contributor - 20 bucks here and there - but today I gave up my hair appointment that I have been saving for and sent him the money instead.  Again...not much....but he needs the money to go against the MILLIONS Mitt "I Get My Own Planet When I Die" Romney has to try and win the White House.

He may not win...but by golly I am going to help him put a DENT in the political landscape...the powers that be are going to know that the tough little Irish/Italian kid represents people like ME.

And we are NOT going softly into that good night.

No comments: