Sunday, March 20, 2011

A letter to the guy who works for the Bishop

Good morning, Father S.

I am writing in order to better understand something that I heard/witnessed at Christ the King Parish in Pleasant Hill, California.

I do not mean, in any way to be disrespectful to the present pastor of that parish. I grew up in that parish, attended Christ the King School for 8 years and received a solid, orthodox and wonderful Catholic education from the wonderful Sisters of St. Joseph.

I attended Mass at Christ the King last December, on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. I almost fell out of the pew when Father gave his homily because I thought I heard him say the following (and I am paraphrasing):

When a couple bring me their new baby to baptize, I tell them that this baby is absolutely perfect, without any blemish or sin, and that what we are doing is welcoming this child into our community.

Now, listen Father; I am no theologian and I would never presume to criticize a priest for no reason but if I heard him correctly he just tossed two thousand years of Catholic Doctrine and Dogma out the window - and called St Paul a liar.

Anyway, I bring this up to you now because I have been praying about it, talking to MY pastor about it, and because I just went to look up Mass times for this morning and the same priest has a blog on the website criticizing the upcoming changes to the liturgy and touting the teachings of a Lutheran Biblical Scholar.

So my question is: Is Christ the King Catholic Church still Catholic?

Bless you, Father...and tell the Bishop hello for me.

1 comment:

Christine Trollinger said...

Sounds like he went off the rails! Yikes!