Friday, March 12, 2010

well, I just had to

One of the people who loves to post wild speculation about the Holy Scripture has started a thread at The Hive about The Mark of the Beast...so I had to sneak on and add this:

"The book of Revelation, quipped Ambrose Bierce, is "a famous book in which St. John the Divine concealed all that he knew. The revealing is done by the commentators, who know nothing." And G. K. Chesterton wrote, "Though St. John the Evangelist saw many strange monsters in his vision, he saw no creature so wild as one of his own commentators."

Now, I wonder how long it will be before LOM goes after the post? It will be interesting.

Jeff is doing his best to track him down. He is not listed in the telephone book and so he is going to try and contact another member who is one of the local gurus and see if he can help find LOM.

I am going to continue keeping a low profile. I have to...it is for my own safety.

Today is Jillie Rose's 9th birthday. I am amazed at what a beautiful young lady she is becoming. She is growing up so fast. I remember the baby sitting on the bed with Roddy, 'her' Scotty and how devastated she was when he died. She helped me choose Duffy as the heir apparent to the title Wonder Dog and now she takes him through his paces in the backyard. He jumps, he sits, he retrieves...not competition worthy by any means but the two of them have a great time.

I am really struggling with the whole stalky-guy thing and wondering why? I think this is a really good example of how easy it is to talk about acceptance and trusting God but, deep down, really really really wanting my own way. The conflict between what actually is and what I want is what causes the depression and feeling of persecution, I know....and I also know that eventually, I will become tired of trying to get God to do things my way and I will be okay with HIS way.

But meanwhile, my own tendency towards sinful pride gives fuel to the fire that is my struggle.

I miss peace of mind. I know it will return.

1 comment:

chimakuni said...

Happy birthday Jill!!! I could say it was still the 12th up here in Washington, but you would know that is not so!!!

I pray that you had a wonderful day and that the tenth year of your life is fantastic!!!