Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let me tell ya

This past Saturday I was priviliged to sit in on a lecture given by Father Mitch Pacwa of EWTN. A Jesuit Scholar and a holy priest, Father Mitch took about 600 of us through the Letter of St Paul to the Hebrews. Interestingly enough, Hebrews is the only place in Holy Scripture where St Paul writes extensively about Jesus Christ as the High Priest and links the Life, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord to the ancient story of Melchizadeck.

Did I spell that right? Probably not.

Anywho...it was a great day and I learned so much in such a short time. It makes me hunger for the time and the ability to devote myself to study. I don't have the time - and the ability costs money - but I hope to have it someday.

Interesting development on The Hive. LOM, or someone pretending to be LOM, posted what could be considered an attempt at an amends for the increasingly bad behavior over the past two years. The jury of his peers is out as to whether or not the post is real and the poster him; I, however, decided to treat the post as a real amends and act accordingly. I will also not be surprised if the calm manner in which LOM seems to be acting does not last. I may be naive and trusting - but I ain't stupid.

No comments: