Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life Wins every time

If we are able to enter the church day and night and implore God to hear our prayers, how careful we should be to hear and grant the petitions of our neighbor in need. - Saint John the Almoner (550-616)
***********************

As a post-abortive woman, recovering alcoholic, writer, teacher, supervisor of records, aunt, daugter, sister, widow, revert Catholic and lover of Rock and Roll, I often discover that my take on situations are a little 'out there' for the rest of the world. I am definitely counter-culture (which is not difficult considering the lack of culture around me), neither right nor left in my politics and think someone like the man who calls himself Truthseeker at The Hive has some serious issues with women. For all his yelling about choice, you better agree with him, little lady, or he get pretty riled up. He calls names, throws cyber tantrums and otherwise acts almost like he is, well, on something. And, if you disagree with him? You are a hater. You know how I know this? Because he will cyberscream it in your face....all in the name of peace.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason The Hive is considered one of the real laughingstock sites in the blogosphere is because of people like TS and Linda and others who just LOVE to hate.

Let's face it - Jack and Robert and Allen and I really do not care if people agree with us or not. Even Robert has realized that he has nothing to prove to people at The Hive and does not need to attack Jack or Robert of me if we happen to disagree with him. I have watched him grow a great deal in the past year and I am impressed. As I state to many people, my opinions of people are based on my experience with them and as my experience changes so do my opinions. My opinion of Robert has changed, my opinion of TS has changed. My opinion of Linda has not but my opinion of E and V at work has changed.

This is not to assert that is it necessary for people to be perfect all the time. There has only been on creature who was immaculately conceived and it is not me. Rather, it is to maintain that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable and to have an opinion without having to call someone a "Hater" or post badly researched historical references about The Catholic Church to 'prove' we are all horrible who are Home to Rome.

I am having so much fun writing this screenplay but I am trying to figure out what to do about my stalking actors to appear in the potential movie. In fact, I may want to stalk someone else besides Keanu Reeves. I mean, yes the man is very nice but apparently he lives in Toronto and I am just not comfortable with that city ever since Keith's problems in the 1970's.....when I was a mere child.

Oh, the scars of history run deep.

No comments: