Thursday, December 11, 2008

Smokin' Hot Christmas

When shall it be that we shall taste the sweetness of the Divine Will in all that happens to us, considering in everything only His good pleasure, by whom it is certain that adversity is sent with as much love as prosperity, and as much for our good? When shall we cast ourselves undeservedly into the arms of our most loving Father in Heaven, leaving to Him the care of ourselves and of our affairs, and reserving only the desire of pleasing Him, and of serving Him well in all that we can? - Saint Jeanne de Chantal (1572-1641)
******************************************************************

I absolutely understand that it is not politically correct to say, "I belong to The Lord. My body is not mine to do with what I will. My mind is not mine to soil. My heart is not mine to crush. I belong to The Triune God of Faith, Hope and Charity".

That is, however, how I feel today. I feel as though I must shout from the rooftops that I am finally free - and yet, I know I am not because I am still struggling with smoking. I have had 2 cigarets in the past 14 days. I know that is very good progress but it is not good enough to pass that physical so I will probably lose my life insurance.

Well, I have no one to blame but myself.

We had a lovely time last night in the office. All but one of my evaluations are done. I will do Mollie the week of 12/20 and then I will be done for the year.

I feel lousy tonight.

Tomorrow I am treating myself to a massage. It is a Christmas special - $49.00 for a one hour massage. I will stop in Tracy on the way home and get a massage. I will feel better.

Pray for me.