Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lovin' and Hatin' Life - all on the same day

There are few things tougher for a cream puff like me to go through than a change in shift schedule. It's not the first day that wipes me out; it's the second day. I am sore, tired, cranky, full of self-pity and just really wishing someone else would act horribly so I could have an excuse to flip out on them. Of course, if I did do that I would feel even worse and then have to make an amends so isn't it nice that we do not get our 'needs' met - especially when those 'needs' border on the psychotic.

Tonight I am supposed to show up for desert or dessert, whichever it is, at the Rectory. Father is giving a 'thank you so much for all your hard work' dinner for the RCIA team. How much you wanna bet I sleep through it?

One of my clerks is still in 'I hate you and am not going to speak to you' mode, which I do not understand. Nor do I deserve it. I haven't done anything, other than deliver messages from E-The-All-Powerful-Supervisor yet in the noble tradition of shooting the messenger AND the piano player I get to reap the benefits of telling her E says, "THOU SHALT NO" whatever...fill in the blanks.

You know, this probably wouldn't bother me so much if a) I wasn't overly tired, b) I didn't have an abundance of body aches today and c) the woman in question was not over the age of 50. For some reason, someone acting like a doofus when they are 25 is easier to accept than the doofusy antics of some old person, like me. When we act like dummies it reflects poorly on so many levels - ourselves, our families, our children, our Church, the employer, the neighbor across the street...we truly are not 'islands' in this life. What we do and say matters....because it can affect so many and effect such havoc.

I dunno. I had such a great time last week I am probably just getting paid back by karma. Lucky for me I'm a Catholic and a Capricorn...we don't believe in either Karma NOR Astrology....

The Hive, over at modbee.com, is a'buzzin with controversy of a personal nature. That's always kind of fun to read. People are just so brazen behind the anonymity of the Internet - they will call each other horrible names, accuse each other of inconceivable acts of self gratification and question, constantly, whether the other guy's mother can name his father. Ten times more interesting than a soap opera.

This week the Holy Father comes to the United States. I am just waiting for the barrage of indignant letters to the Modesto Bee about the inappropriate nature of George W. Bush welcoming the Pontiff to the White House. They'll all be yelling about the separation of Church and State and the chances that they have ever taken even an elementary level class in Constitutional Law will be nil. It will be nothing more than thinly disguised anti-Catholic bigotry....so beware.

Ah well....It is almost 7am...I will have only 4 and a half hours left to work. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Although it is way past your 'gitting off time' and hopefully you are asleep ... and resting; I will say ... Hail Mary, full of grace; the LORD is with thee. Blessed are you among women; and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of GOD;pray for us sinners ... now and at the hour of our death. AMEN Mary, Undoer of Knots, intercede for Leslie when needed to make her life more pleasant. >>>GOD knew I was going to do that ... and so; good night, ma cherie. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!
Cajun Sissy