Sunday, February 5, 2023

Lola the Scottie

She was born on November 29th, 2022.  On January 31st we flew home from Maryland together and now she lives with me.

Robbie is not real impressed.  I am trying to give him a lot of attention.  She sure is cute.


This is a new adventure for me.  I have wanted to be a dog breeder but not some podunk back yard operation where the buyer has no idea what type of dog they are getting.  I have wanted to do it right.  I knew I would never get to do it until I was alone.  Now I am - and I am learning as much as I can so I can do this in an honorable way.

I was able to visit the FDR Memorial while I was back picking up the new puppy.  It has a statue of his Scottie - Fala - and I know how he felt.  They are a special type of dog.  Not for everyone. Stubborn and smart and willful and loyal and they think they are a lot bigger than they really are - they are the dog for me.

Her around the house name will be Lola.  

Finally, after all these years, I feel as though my life is becoming something beautiful.



No comments: