Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Lots of Boom Goes the Dynamite

 Just so you all can feel jealous?

My Scottish Terrier, Shaw's Rob Roy MacDuff, is not in the least bit bothered by fireworks.

We spent the thick of it wandering the streets and visiting with our neighbors and their children and grandchildren.  Loud KA-BOOMS! and sparkly lights and fire wheels were not worthy of his attention.  Rather, he was fascinated by the number of little kids holding dripping popsicles or hotdogs and waited anxiously for one or more to notice he was a starving dog, obviously not fed well by his lazy steward.  

Oh, and just so you can all feel REALLY jealous?

I watched seven different movies over the holiday weekend.  I watched all of the Lord of the Ring movies, both of the Independence Day movies, Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney and that new sci fi one - Tomorrow War.   

I napped.  I went to gatherings of the like minded and similarly afflicted.  I got to attend Mass.  I hung out with the animals.

I ignored the people intent on being offended by anything and ate steak.  I listened to good music and planted flowers.

Yes.  It was quiet and it was sometimes lonely.

However, all in all?


It was a beautiful way to celebrate my country's founding and pray for its future.

No comments: