Monday, October 30, 2017

Buy My House!

Trusting in God has never been my strong point.  Listen, I give very good lip service to the whole idea.  When I am in a good spot, I can look back and see how all the disappointments and closed doors lead eventually to some really great stuff happening in my life.

For over two years I could not get a job where I lived.  I kept trying but it was so discouraging.  To keep hearing, "Thank you but no" over and over was really tough on my ego and my self-esteem. 

In March I retired from my job of 30 years and in April I started working as coordinator of the parish school of religion for my Catholic Parish.  I work 4 minutes away from my home after what feels like a life time of driving over 200 miles a day to go to and from work.  The job is actually harder but it so much more fulfilling and I now see that God had a plan.

Right now I want to sell my house.  I have a new house picked out.  It would be perfect for me and for my mother, who just turned 96 years old and should not be going up and down the stairs at her age.

The house has been on the market for almost 7 weeks.

Nothing.

My ego is hurt - why doesn't anyone like my house?

My plans are on hold - what about that really nice little house I want?

I am not getting my own way in the time I want - is God listening to my prayers?

I have done two novenas to St Joseph, followed the practice of St Andre Bessette and promised God that I trust His Will in all things.....

except...

except....

This is where the rubber meets the road in the life of a Practicing Catholic.  This is when I am so jealous of those who seem to just skip down the road of happy destiny singing, "I trust in Jesus!" at the top of their lungs and never seem to miss a beat.  This is when I realize that I have such a huge area within my own life that needs for me to grow in my love for The Lord.

Deep down inside I do know that whatever happens I am going to be okay.  I really am trusting Him in all things...I just wish stuff worked the way I envisioned all the time.

SO....maybe the answer is I need to adjust my vision.  If I can bring my vision into full communion with Him who knows All and thinks of me all the time, then I will be okay if I do not get that really cute little house in the safe little community that I am SURE will be the right thing for me and for my mother.

Pray for me, Okay?

But if you know anyone who needs a house?


https://www.pmz.com/homes-for-sale/2704-Tradition-Way-Modesto-CA-95355-9643/s/17056542/?id=&ref=results

No comments: