Wednesday, November 9, 2016

There's Got to be a Morning After

I apologize to all the supporters of Donald Trump.  I did not think your candidate was real and I did not think he would win.   I was wrong.  Please accept my apology.

I did not vote for Mr. Trump. I did not vote for Mrs. Clinton. I did vote for President. I voted for Mike Maturen and Juan Munoz of the American Solidarity Party.

I did not vote for Mr. Obama. Despite the fact that I did not vote for Mr. Obama, I treated him with respect during his office. I did not call him names, question his citizenship or his intelligence, disparage his wife or children. I spoke out when I disagreed with his politics. I will do the same for the new President of the United States.

One of the toughest things people experience is losing.  Along with that is admitting that there are intelligent people who made a decision different from my own for reasons that were well thought out and held with conviction. Mr. Trump is supported by the founder of PayPal - hardly an uneduated dolt. To continue to slander all his supporters with claims of idiocy, stupidity or heresy is ridiculous. I will not participate in this and if you do, I will question your ability to be an adult.

Whether I agree with his election or not no longer matters. He is now charged with one of the most (if not THE most) difficult jobs in the world. Rather than throwing a temper tantrums, posting insulting Facebook memes or crying in my near-beer (that's a joke - I do not drink near-beer and I do not smoke near- pot) it might behove us to ask ourselves what social agenda items thrust upon the American people over the past 20 years lead to what is unmistakenly the biggest political revolution of our times.

Was this election fueled by anger? Yes. Is that anger well placed? Maybe. Understandable? oh hell yes. To pretend that the average American has not felt overlooked, over managed and forced to the breaking point to accept ideas and notions of liberty that go against their beliefs and understandings of Natural Law is a perilous position to hold.  You may be one of the people who think every single thing that has changed has been wonderful and for the good.  You may even be right. It doesn't matter.  What has happened is people, other people besides those of the elite class in think tanks, have ended up feeling marginalized, belittled and overlooked.  To think that the only thing angry men and women do when they have had enough is shoot up a public place has proven to be the undoing of the Left in this instance.  You did not think it through, kids, and now all you can do is burn police cars on the streets of Oakland and think that is okay.

The toughest part of being a REAL American comes now - looking at this and asking, "How can I help? What can I do to make this next phase of my country's existence something worthwhile? It is why I chose not to vote for either candidate and start to concentrate on local politics, to see what I can do to make a difference and become involved in the American Solidarity Party.

This is just a thought - do with it what you will. Mr. Trump is the President of my country, just as Mr. Obama was the President of my country. I am proud to be an American...but maybe now you understand why some people chose to take a knee. They feel, as you do right now, that they have been duped by the powers-that-be.  They kneel, not as a sign of disrespect to those who have fought and died defending this country from all enemies, foreign OR domestic, but as a legal and silent attempt to be heard, to be seen...for someone to take notice that all is not well in every world.

I continue to be a proud Army Auntie, a supporter of Law Enforcement and of True Social Justice. I am a Catholic Out Loud. I will not give up the hope that someday we can have a more cohesive and responsive government.  I love my country, I love Jesus and I love His Church.  That does not make me stupid, it does not make me a bigot or a hater.

It makes me an average American.  Please let me talk too.

No comments: