Sunday, May 29, 2016

Why I am Grateful Today

I mean this with all my heart:  if it was not for the spirituality of The Catholic Church and the encouragement of like-minded and similarly afflicted men and women for the past 24 years I would not have had a relationship with my Dad.  Because of those two things - practicing principles and the Love taught by Jesus' Church, I am decorating his grave today because I LOVE him and not out of a weird sense of duty and obligation.  Those of you who have not forgiven the dad, mom, aunt, uncle or anyone else who caused you pain please consider doing so - for YOU.  It makes such a difference in your life.  You may decide never to allow them in your life but unless you forgive them you are going to be one sick puppy for the rest of your life. Yes, this is just my opinion.
***************

The above post is taken from my FB page.  I am so sad that I lost people in my life because I was such a lousy aunt.  I always pray that they will remember the good times and someday forgive me.

What I know today is I did the best I could at the time.

So did my Dad.

That is why I forgave him and had a good relationship with him before he entered into rest.

I wish all of you the same healing I have found - and I am eternally sorry for my sins.

No comments: