Wednesday, April 23, 2014

HAPPY DANCE TODAY!

I AM SO FULL OF HOPE!

Ok, maybe I am being naive. Maybe I am jumping the gun. Maybe I am setting myself up for a big disappointment.

Maybe.

But as a Catholic, I choose deliberately and willfully to live in the light of HOPE today and by golly I saw something on FB this morning that gives me HOPE.

It can be a long and winding road, this road to wellness and sobriety. I have always been grateful for two things:

1. NO one ever put up with my shenanigans in early sobriety

2. NO one ever said to me, "You better get this deal perfectly by next Tuesday or you are OUT of here".

With that in mind, I am choosing to believe that people I mentor in my 12 step program are actively and willingly choosing to 'do the deal' today rather than live in self-will run riot.

I choose to believe that when I surrendered I gave God permission (so to speak) to work in my life and help me change.

THANK YOU!


WAHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

(did I mention how happy I am?)

No comments: