Monday, February 4, 2013

Oh the AGONY of DEFEAT

My poor Niners lost their first Superbowl yesterday.  OH THE AGONY...but you know what I saw?

I saw a great sports franchise that did not give up, made some doofy mistakes and is going to come back stronger than EVER.

I also saw a team from a State names for Our Blessed Mother - the only state in the union where Catholics could worship and own property during the birth pangs of our great nation - win the game with players who give glory to God and a kicker that blesses himself with the Sign of the Cross before every kick.

I saw my team with men who know that LOVE is more important than FAITH because Faith without works is dead.

And I saw two brothers, two good Catholic men, congratulate each other and say, "I love you" after a hard fought game.

Don't worry, Niners...we'll get 'em next year!

No comments: