Thursday, June 14, 2012

Midday Prayer June 14, 2012

I love to shut the door to my office at lunchtime and take a few moments to honor Him who gave me life, who gives that life meaning and who gives that life structure and purpose.  It is a daily discipline that keeps me anchored in both the here and the now, but also allows me to remember that I am in the world but not OF the world.  My home is in heaven, and if I want to get there I better be willing to do all that is required to claim my rightful place as a child of Light.

Today's midday prayer from iBreviary begins:

Lord of all being, throned afar,
Your glory flames from sun and star;
Center and soul of every sphere,
And yet to loving hearts how near.


People who read my works know my family has faced some challenges over the years.  I have done more than pray.  I have begged YOU for prayer and believe it or not I can often feel the loving arms of Faithful Catholics and other Christians, as well as the prayers of those who do not accept the Truth that stepped into Time and History.  I also want all of you to know that the prayers are working. 

Not in MY time, of course, but it GOD'S time.

Catholics believe in a Sacramental Life and that the reception of those Sacraments actually DO something to the person receiving them.  Yes, we should be properly disposed to receive the full benefit of those Sacraments but in and of themselves, they are Grace Bombs that leave a mark - whether we believe it or not.  This is because Sacramental Grace is a gift for Truth itself and Truth is not subjective.  Truth does not require my belief in it to BE Truth. 

Don't believe me?  Doesn't really matter, but just for the sake of argument let's say that you want to tell me that YOUR truth is one thing and MY truth is another so who is really right?

Well, then MY truth includes the fact that YOU owe me a million dollars.  And since MY truth is as valid as YOUR truth, and YOUR truth would be that you do not owe me a wooden nickle, let alone a million dollars, what would be the solution to that dilemma?

See, you cannot get past the fact that at some point someone or something would have to make a determination of some kind, some sort of arbitrary ruling that would either make it necessary for you to give me my money or tell me to go pound sand - or, if you are a follower of Aquinas, look for the bit of truth we can agree upon and go forward from there (you may not owe me a million bucks but by golly fork over that wooden nickle, it's mine).

Most of my family received the Sacramental Graces from a valid Baptism, Confirmation and many receptions of the Eucharist.    Eventually, the dampened fires of those Sacraments will burst into flame.  In God's time, they will return to Holy Mother Church.

I believe that...and I am not going to stop believing that because your love and your prayers bolster my confidence.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this family....bound by faith, joined by Love and Surprised by TRUTH.

No comments: