Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday April 4 - The Big Day Approaches

Take up your cross and follow Christ,
Nor think till death to lay it down;
For only he who bears the cross
May hope to wear the glorious crown.

I have always wondered why I resist the wisdom of those who have walked a particular path before me.  Perhaps it is a simple problem of pride.  No one can possibly know me or my destiny. Perhaps it is because I am secretly afraid that having similar problems and similar obstacles to solving those problems would indicate that I am not the mean MamaJama I think I am, able to leap tall buildings at a single bound.  I may be very intelligent and I may be pretty tough, but I may not be the toughest blonde on the block.

Though the nets of the wicked ensnared me
I remembered your law.
At midnight I will rise and thank you
for your just decrees.

Perhaps I resist someone sharing their story with me because I don't want to admit most human experience is a rehash of the same old cosmic situation comedy.  Divine though it may be, my troubles in 2012 might not be much different than the problems suffered by my great grandmother Teresa Crocco in 1912...different names, different area, different style of dress and no email but similar just the same.  If that is true, then how special can I possibly be? 

I am a friend of all who revere you,
who obey your precepts.
Lord, your love fills the earth.
Teach me your commands.


This weekend we have 15 people coming into full communion with the Church founded by Jesus Christ and preserved through Apostolic Succession for over 2000 years.  She is a dusty and persistent Pilgrim, this Holy Mother Church, and constantly plagued by the misbehavior of her children.  Yet she keeps on keepin' on, never failing to be where she needs to be even if she is reviled and unwanted.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and will be forever.
AMEN.

Please pray for our Candidates and Catechumenate.  Please pray for my friend Rebecca and for my own special intentions.  I begin the Divine Mercy Novena this Friday and I throw myself into the arms of my Heavenly Father.  My  pride and  my arrogance bring me down. Lord, relieve me of the bondage of ME.


No comments: