Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR here is to 2011

Hey, isn't it amazing what one week can do when one is wallowing in self-pity?

Nope - no present and no message but the Nephew is alive and that is what counts.

What also counts is good spiritual direction, which I got from my Dominican friends around the globe.

Basically, I was reminded that I have a God that understands what it means to be rejected, humiliated and hated. So, it was advised that I (once again) take this to Him and ask Him to accept my suffering in His Name, and to please use it for the good of someone else.

Well...duh.

The good part about being a Catholic is that we recognize the benefit of suffering - it is not something to be avoided at all cost. The good part about being an alcoholic in recovery is that I have learned not to deny my feelings, but not to ever think that I am going to be feeling one way for the rest of my life.

Anyway, I had a lovely New Year. Tonight, at Mass, we celebrated the Feast of the Epiphany which actually falls on January 6 for the Orthodox. It is the celebration of the visit of the Magi, those learned and spiritual men from the East who sought Truth and found it at the end of a long journey. They followed the light of a Star, to find the Light of The World.

I go back to work on Tuesday. I'm glad I have these few extra days - Mom whacked her poor little wrist against the wood of her bedstead and fractured her wrist. It is the first time in her life (89 years of it) that she has a broken bone...and she did it reaching for a Kleenex while in bed. Poor Mom. I don't like that it happened...but if it had to happen I am glad I was home.

Merry Christmas everyone...remember: God loves us...and We NEED God.

No comments: