Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OH IT CAN BE SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

OK- LISTEN UP!

I double-dog dare people to engage the following thoughts and ideas without ONCE talking about how to a woman can safely prevent a pregnancy.

This is not about 'how can she have sex without upseting her life schedule, getting a disease or making a man uncomfortable".

OK???? Does everyone GET IT????

HERE is what is bugging me - why is a medicine that is for birth control being marketed to young women as a way to avoid having a PERIOD - and why is THAT the emphasis and since when does having a period determine one's destiny????

No, I am not talking about women who may suffer from a very painful medical condition - this pill is not being marketed discretely to them as a way to relieve their endrometriosis (and I am not sure if that is how it is spelled so just back off, Webster Police).

I am discussing the incredibly annoying commerical currently running on TV that tells women there is no 'medical' reason to have a monthly period and if they really want to be able to run on the beach and play volley ball with chiselled chested boys in floppy shorts, they need to only have one of those pesky things three times a year.

AAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH

Am I the only one who finds this offensive and can do so without linking it to preventing pregnancies?????

That's it. I am going back to work now.

No comments: